Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation has started sampling an automotive DC motor driver IC with a LIN (Local Interconnect Network) slave function that can communicate with a LIN 2.0 master IC for in-vehicle networks. Mass production and shipment of the IC will start in December 2019.
The new IC is suitable for the diverse applications that use the LIN BUS with 0.3A output current, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) damper control drivers.
There is no software development is required making the new driver have a significant advantage, as the IC incorporates the hardware logic of a single-channel H-bridge motor driver and LIN communication function with an enhanced checksum.
The integration of the enhanced checksum function allows the LIN 1.3 compliant TB9058FNG to communicate with a LIN 2.0 compliant master IC. The new TB9058FNG ic receives the position data from the motor rotation target via the external LIN BUS, and drives the motor to the rotation target. A variety of communication rates up to 19,200 bps are easily selected in hardware.
The TB9058FNG can operates from a 7V to 18V supply and has an operating temperature ranging from -40 to 125°C making makes it suited for automotive applications and will be AEC-Q100 qualified. Intended for compact applications. it is housed in a 7.8 mm x 7.7 mm SSOP24 package. It aslo incorporated some inbuilt safety features, can detect over voltage, over temperature and can also notify the controller with a flag output and over current .
- Simple control by full hardware logic, It does require any need to develop software. Motor control by LIN communication.
- Several abnormality detection functions with flag output.
– Detects over voltage, over current and over temperature.
- Industry’s lowest level on-resistance and power consumption for automotive HVAC damper control driver
– On-resistance (High+Low): 2.2Ω (typ.),
– Power consumption: under 10μA (sleep mode).
- Up to 16 slave nodes can be connected on one BUS.
– 16 node IDs can be set by switching pins.
- Automotive HVAC damper control driver.
- Part number : TB9058FNG
- Communication Method : LIN1.3+Enhanced checksum
- Output current : 0.3A
- Power consumption : under 10μA (sleep mode)
- Speed : 19,200 / 9,600 / 4,800 / 2,400 bps (by switching pins)
- Motor Driver :DC motor driver (H-bridge) 1ch
- On-resistance : (High+Low) 2.2Ω (typ.) @ 25°C
- Operating voltage : 7V to 18V (Absolute maximum rating: 40V)
- temperature : -40 to 125°C
- Package : SSOP24-P-300-0.65A, 7.8mm x 7.6mm
- Abnormality detection : over voltage, over current, over temperature detection
- Reliability : AEC-Q100 qualified