The PAN1762 Series RF module from Panasonic. The ultra-low-power Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.0 module enables the transmission of large amounts of data in connectionless environments, providing a compact solution for Internet of Things (IoT), beacon, and mesh network applications.
The Panasonic PAN1762 module is based on the Toshiba TC35680 single-chip controller, which provides an Arm® Cortex®-M0 processor core with Serial Wire Debug (SWD) interface and 128 Kbytes of flash memory. The module integrates standard Bluetooth Low Energy profiles in addition to Serial Port Profile (SPP), and offers three types of operation: AT command mode (coming soon), host mode,and a stand-alone mode that eliminates the need for an external processor.
The PAN1762 module’s Bluetooth 5.0 features enable a high symbol rate of 2 Mbits per second (Mbps) using the high-speed 2M PHY or a significantly longer range using the Low Energy-coded PHY at 500 Kbits per second (Kbps) or 125 Kbps. A high output power of up to 8 dBm and the industry-leading sensitivity of the TC35680 (-105 dBm at 125 Kbps) in combination with the Low Energy coded PHY make the module very attractive in applications where a long range is required.
The module offers 18 general-purpose inputs/outputs (GPIOs), shared by two I²C, SPI, and UART interfaces; four PWM outputs; and five analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). Housed in a compact 15.6 × 8.7 × 1.9 mm package, the device’s low current consumption provides an ideal solution for battery-powered applications. The module is also pinout compatible with the PAN1760A and PAN1026A Bluetooth modules, enabling designers to easily migrate previously developed software.
The PAN1762 module is supported by the PAN1762 Evaluation Kit. The all-inclusive kit features two USB dongles for developing, running, and debugging code, while breakout headers allow developers to connect sensors and devices for prototyping.
- Based on Toshiba TC35680 single-chip controller:
- Features ARM Cortex-M0 with SWD interface
- Same form factor and pinout as PAN1026A and PAN1760A
- Bluetooth stack in ROM and flash memory available for application
- AT command mode, host mode, and stand-alone mode
- Standard SIG BLE profiles as well as SPP over BLE profile
- 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, UART, PWM, wake-up inputs, general purpose ADC, and 18 programmable I/O
- 2Mbps high-speed PHY and LE long-range coded PHY
- LE advertising extensions
- Channel selection algorithm#2
- LE secure connections
- Advertising function without CPU wake-up and interaction
- Bluetooth SIG certified Mesh stack
- -94dBm at 1Mb/s and -105dBm at 125kb/s target sensitivity
- 8dBm target (maximum) output power
- Target (typical) current consumption:
- 11mA in TX mode (at 8dBm)
- 5.1mA in RX mode
- Small 15.6mm x 8.7mm x 1.9mm SMD module
- 128kB flash memory and 144kB internal RAM
- 1.9V to 3.6V voltage range
- -40°C to 85°C temperature range
Find out more by visiting www.mouser.com/panasonic-pan1762-ble-module.