The Italian boardmakers announced today a new family of affordable, low-power “Nano” sized microcontroller board known as the “arduino nano 33 BLE Sense“. It is a small, powerful, BT connected and with all the sensors you may need to design innovative applications.
This compact and reliable Nano board is built around the NINA B306 module for BLE and Bluetooth 5 communication; the module is based on Nordic nRF52480 processor that contains a powerful Cortex M4F and the board has a rich set of sensors that allow the creation of innovative and highly interactive designs.
Its fully compatible with Arduino IDE Online and Offline due to its architecture. It has a 9 axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), temperature, pressure, humidity, light, color and even gestures sensors that are managed through our specialized libraries. Its reduced power consumption, compared to other same size boards, together with the NANO form factor opens up a wide range of applications.
This allows the design of wearable devices and gesture based projects that need to communicate to other devices at a close range. Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense is ideal for interactive automation projects thanks to the multiprotocol BT 5.0 radio.
- This board is based on the nRF52480 microcontroller.
- Clock 64MHz
- Flash 1MB
- RAM 256KB
- The Bluetooth is managed by a NINA B306 module.
- The IMU is a LSM9DS1 and it is managed through I2C.
- The LPS22HB reads barometric pressure and environmental temperature.
- The HTS221 senses relative humidity.
- The ADPS-9960 is a digital proximity, ambient light, RGB and gesture sensor.
- The MP34DT05 is the digital microphone
- Crypto keys are managed by the ATECC608A crypto chip.
Please note: Arduino Nano 33 BLE only supports 3.3V I/Os and is NOT 5V tolerant so please make sure you are not directly connecting 5V signals to this board or it will be damaged. Also, as opposed to Arduino Nano boards that support 5V operation, the 5V pin does NOT supply voltage but is rather connected, through a jumper, to the USB power input.
For more details or purchase of the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense board store.arduino.cc/nano-33-ble-sense-with-headers.