The STMicroelectronics LED1202 12-channel LED driver enables smoother and more natural interactions with smart-home devices, wearable electronics, and small appliances. With patented features to prevent distracting artifacts in “color-chasing” or “deep breathing” LED animation effects.
The LED1202 can be able to store eight programmable patterns and sequences and operate independently of the main controller, enabling the host system to save power while sophisticated lighting effects run continuously. 12-bit internal PWM dimming enables precision control of programmed sequences and the main controller can set 8-bit values for analog dimming via the driver’s I2C interface. Minimal external components are required to complete the driver circuit.
A single LED1202 can drive four RGB LEDs at up to 20mA per channel with 12 output channels. An innovative synchronization feature allows connecting up to eight LED1202 drivers to control larger LED arrays. In addition, superior low-current channel matching, within 2% (typical) at 2.5mA, enhances color consistency. Phase shifting between channels minimizes current ripple and prevents excessive peak demand. It comes with Built-in safety features which include open-LED detection, a fault-flag pin and over-temperature protection.
Available now, the LED1202JR in 1.71mm x 2.16mm WLCSP-20 flip-chip is $0.90 and the LED1202QTR in 3mm x 3mm VFQFPN-20 is $1.15 for orders of 1000 pieces. The STEVAL-LLL007V1 evaluation kit is available to support evaluation of the LED1202 and aids development of new products and lighting sequences.
- Supply range from 2.6 V to 5 V
- 12 channels for single LED
- 20 mA current capability per channel
- 1% (typ.) current matching at 16 mA and 2% (typ.) at 2.5 mA
- 1.8 V compatible I²C control interface
- 8-bit analog dimming individual control
- 12-bit local PWM resolution
- 8 programmable patterns
- Programmable pattern sequence
- Synchronization for multi-device application
- Phase shifting between channels
- Open LED detection
- Over temperature protection
- 8 configurable I²C slave addresses plus global address
- Fault flag pin
For more information please visit www.st.com/led1202-pr .